Messaging Do's and Don'ts
Finding the right words and phrases to use when advocating for college- and career-ready education reform is not always easy.
In fact, it can be downright complicated given the power certain words hold (for better or for worse). Below are two "Do's and Don'ts" fact sheets - based on communications research commissioned by Achieve - that highlight the most compelling messages and facts in support of college and career readiness and Common Core State Standards.
- Do's and Don'ts for Communicating College and Career Readiness
- Do's and Don'ts for Communicating the Common Core State Standards
Having quick, tested messages on hand can go a long way when advocating with new groups of stakeholders or helping existing advocates stay on message. Below are two 4 x 8 messaging cards, with key messages on the front and critical facts on the back, to be shared with other advocates of the Common Core State Standards and common assessments.
- Common Core State Standards (PDF, InDesign*)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PDF, InDesign*)
* Please note that the InDesign files will only open if you have CS5.5 InDesign or a higher version installed on your computer.